§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below you will find information about the collection of personal data during use of our website.Personal data is any data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email address, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party under Art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Ewald Kaufmann GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 7232 361-0
Data protection commissioner:
(3) Coming into contact with us via email or a contact form, we will save the data you communicate to us (your email address, your name and telephone number if applicable) so that we can answer your request. We delete data generated after it is no longer required or limit its processing if there are legal retention obligations.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) In respect of the personal data concerning you, you have the following rights in relation to us:
- right to information,
- right to correction or deletion,
- right to restrictions on processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to a data protection oversight authority and to demand there information on the technical and organizational measures in a reasonable level of detail.
An overview of the existing supervisory authorities in Germany can be found here: https://www.ldi.nrw.de/mainmenu_Service/submenu_Links/Inhalt2/Aufsichtsbehoerden/Aufsichtsbehoerden.php
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When the website is being used for purely informational purposes, meaning that you do not register or transmit any other information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to visit our website, we collect the following data, which for technical reasons we require to be able to show our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1(1)(f) DS-GVO [General Data Protection Regulation]):
- IP adress
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/http-Statuscode
- amount of data transferred in each case
- website the request comes from
- operating system and its UI
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned previously, cookies will be saved on your computer during use of our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored in a categorised form by your browser. The site that sets the cookie (in this case us) gets specific information from it. Cookies cannot run any programs or transfer virus to your computer. They are used to make the internet presentation more user-friendly and more efficient.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b),
- Persistent Cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. In particular, this includes session cookies. These store a so-called Session ID, which allows the various requests your browser makes in the joint session to be categorised. This allows your computer to be recognised again when you visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted after a specified period, which can vary from one cookie to another. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser's security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your own preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We point out to you that this may prevent you from being able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Revocation or objection to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you can revoke it at any time. A revocation contradict affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data, after you have indicated it to us.
(2) To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you. Please refer to the descriptions of the respective functions below for details. Should you contradict to the processing of your personal data, please indicate your reasons why you do not wish your personal data to be processed as commonly practised by us. In the event of your justified objections, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue / adapt the processing of your personal data or explain our compelling and justified reasons why we will continue to process your personal data.
(3) You can of course contradict at any time to your personal data being processed for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. About your advertising contradiction you can inform us under the contact details above.
§ 5 Other services on the website
Web Analytics & Marketing
(1) Google Maps
This site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc. To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?gl=de&hl=en-GB.
§ 6 Contact form
(1) Description and scope of data processing in the contact form:
A contact form is available on our website, which can be used for electronic contact. If a user takes this opportunity, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored. These data are: name, company, telephone, e-mail address
At the time of sending the message, the following data is also stored:
IP address of the user
Date and time of registration
Your consent will be obtained for the processing of the data during the sending process and reference will be made to this data protection declaration.
Alternatively, you may contact us through the email address provided. In this case, the user's personal data transferred with the email are stored.
In this context, none of your data shall be transmitted to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
(2) Legal basis for data processing
Legal basis for the processing of the data is in the presence of the consent of the user Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Article 6 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact aims to conclude a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
(3) Purpose of data processing
The processing of the personal data from the input mask serves us exclusively for the processing of the establishment of contact. In the case of contact via e-mail, this also includes the required legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
(4) Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation is terminated when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the relevant facts have been conclusively clarified.
The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted after a period of seven days at the latest.
(5) Possibility of objection and removal
The user has the possibility to revoke his consent to the processing of personal data at any time. If the user contacts us by e-mail, he can contradict to the storage of his personal data at any time. In such a case, the conversation cannot be continued. The revocation can take place form-free and should be addressed to the responsible person.
All personal data stored in the course of contacting us will be deleted in this case.
§ 7 SSL encryption (HTTPS protocol)
In order to best protect your transmitted data, the website operators use SSL encryption. You recognize such encrypted connections with the prefix “https://” in the page link in the address bar of your browser. Unencrypted pages are identified by “http://”.
All data that you transmit to this website, such as inquiries or logins, can not be read by third parties thanks to SSL encryption.
§ 8 Use of server log files
The website operator or website provider collects data about accesses to the site and saves these as “server log files".
The following data is logged:
- Visited website
- Time of the access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source / reference from which you came to the site
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- Used IP address (if necessary: in anonymous form)
The data collected are for statistical purposes only and to improve the website. However, the website operator reserves the right to retrospectively check the server logfiles should concrete evidence point to unlawful use.